Details of the modules taught on the Laparoscopic Surgery & Surgical Skills courses are given below.
Comprehensive understanding of the history and core principles of laparoscopic surgery and how the tools work
Students will learn basic and advanced laparoscopy skills using surgical simulator technology, so that students:
• Develop eye-hand coordination and depth perception
• Undertake laparoscopic instrument manipulation
• Develop tissue handling and cutting skills
1. History of Laparoscopy
2. Setting up of the Laparoscopy stack
3. Trouble shooting with laparoscopy stacks during operation
4. The role of simulation in surgical training, including advantages and disadvantages of training by simulation.
1. Develop eye-hand coordination and depth perception
2. Undertake laparoscopic instrument manipulation
3. Develop tissue handling and cutting skills
The main aim of the module is to provide instruction and practical training to perform laparoscopic suturing.
This module provides an overview of laparoscopic suturing and knot tying techniques, which will include needle loading and both intracorporeal and extracorporeal knots. The theory topics covered in this modules will introduce the learner to safe practice and principles of laparoscopic surgery.
Through this module students will:
Comprehensive understanding of the technique and core principles of bowel anastomosis and how the bowel stapling devices work
Student will learn both basic and advanced bowel anastomosis including: